If you’re considering engaging an investment advisor, please read what’s on this page carefully. The few minutes you spend will save you time by clarifying what Calm Investor Advisory can and cannot do for you.
Financial planning is a broad field of work that means different things to different people. So it’s important to work with an advisor who can help you with your specific needs deriving from your current financial situation, your current portfolio, your life (and therefore) financial goals and objectives.
As a SEBI Registered Investment Adviser (INA100009293), I focus on helping build wealth primarily through equities in the Indian capital markets.
Just like the diet and workout routine perfect for a professional football player won’t be ideal for an Olympic swimmer, the right equity portfolio for you differs based on whether:
- You are an early-stage single professional with no dependents and a blank slate portfolio barring a few tax-saving investments made every March
- You are a mid-career professional with a steady income, a young family, and an existing portfolio consisting of a mix of mutual funds, direct equities, real estate and FDs
- You are a senior professional with significant net worth spread across asset classes and looking to sharpen your overall asset allocation and equity portfolio
The outcome of our engagement is a concise document with an equity portfolio designed specifically for your investment goals taking into account your risk capability and attitude. This includes position-sizing (target allocation), a timeline for deployment into identified stocks and suggested checkpoints for review.
Please note this is not an equity research or newsletter service. While I track companies and their on-going financial performance, I do not share detailed notes with financial projections and quarterly updates on individual companies.
How the process works
- Preliminary Information Gathering: Meant to ensure there is a fit between your needs, expectations and what I offer as an advisor. Also to gauge effort required to design your portfolio based on existing complexity
- ‘Discovery’ Meeting: A detailed in-person or skype conversation to better understand your financial objectives, constraints and experience with financial products
- Develop Investment Baseline: A critical component of the process is determining your capability and willingness (both mutually exclusive parameters) for risk. In addition, current holdings statements along with transaction history (where available) to help understand your investing personality and pitfalls
- Investment Strategy & Implementation Plan: All inputs from previous steps go into determining a portfolio that maximises your chances of reaching your financial goals
- The universe of stocks considered are those listed on NSE and/or BSE, down-selected based on quality and price criteria along with restrictions on market cap depending on your risk profile
Essential Disclaimer: The objective of the Calm Investor Advisory is to make implementable portfolio recommendations that maximise your chances of a healthy long-term return on your portfolio that should outperform buying and holding a broad index of Indian stocks. I believe it is impossible to consistently deliver high double-digit or triple-digit annualized returns without significant risk of loss of capital.
If you’re still reading and think we could work together, please write in.
To contact me: