If you’ve not been here often and are a beginner investor (aren’t we all!), this page will help you get started.
Quick answer to what ‘The Calm Investor’ site is:
- meant as a repository of investing knowledge from first principles (no arcane and proprietary investing systems here)
- based on my personal experience, largely from investing in the Indian equity markets, supplemented by readings on the subject
- a distilled version of some of the most insightful content (books, annual reports, blogs) on the topic of investing. All of these are credited and links provided to the original source
Quick answer to what it is NOT:
- an extensive technical or academic look at the universe of financial management with in-depth commentary on every asset class under the sun
- a stock-tip service offering x00% returns in a few months
If you haven’t yet subscribed and would like to receive fresh new content as it gets published, please enter your info here:
Here are 10 posts ideal for you if you’re starting out on your investing journey. I’d advise reading them in the order below since they go from broader to more specific concepts.
You can find some of the most popular posts here
If anything in the posts is unclear or seems wrong, there’s a good chance I screwed up or haven’t understood it well enough myself. I’d love it if you point out to me when that is the case. Also, if there are questions you have, please reach out to me thecalminvestor [at] gmail [dot] com.
Some excellent books to get started
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 452.00Was: INR 799.00
Price: INR 808.00Was: INR 1,225.00
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 269.10Was: INR 299.00
Price: INR 1,100.00Was: INR 1,799.00